5G is Going to Transform Mobile Application Development
Have you ever imagined a technology that has the potential to communicate a Million MB of data to an array of connected devices across the globe? With the onset of Fifth Generation Wireless Cellular Network i.e 5G technology, this potential is now achievable in the blink of an eye. According to a new GSMA study, by 2025 over 1.4 billion devices shall run on the 5G network.
This statistic gives businesses insight into the opportunities put forth by 5G pushing them to redefine their mobile application development operations. Companies are all set to modernizing legacy applications and welcome 5G with open hands. Choosing the right software development company shall help businesses in adapting this entirely new network architecture to launch next-gen mobile apps.
However, till 5G hits the market and makes its commercial launch worldwide, let’s understand how 5G is different from 4G and how it is going to transform the mobile application development scenario.
How 5G is Different from 4G?
The 5G network standard operates on the existing LTE 4G infrastructure. However, speed is one of the factors that differentiate it from the 4G network. Some of the other significant advantages that make 5G different and better than 4G for optimizing mobile apps are as follows:
- Latency – The 5G network represents low-to-zero latency infrastructure with an average latency of 1 millisecond. Compared to 4G that has an average latency of 50 milliseconds, 5G network proves quite handy for cross-platform mobile application development and AR/VR based mobile apps.
- Connection Density – Unlike 4G that enables about 2000 devices to communicate within .38 square miles, 5G supports 1 million devices for the same space. Such kind of support works well with mobile application development and provides a great advantage to IoT mobile app developers.
- Precision – The 5G network uses shorter wavelengths and higher radio frequencies (30-300GHz) as compared to 4G. This offers effective precision capabilities to mobile apps. It shall also prove beneficial for high-precision GPS-based mobile applications.
- Battery Life – 5G has the capacity to extend the battery life of mobile and connected devices to 10X. With such a benefit, users can enjoy using their mobile apps for a longer period of time. This shall prove profitable to the mobile app developers and development companies accordingly.
- Use Cases – The above benefits shall open a new avenue of use cases and propose a stronghold across mobile application development including Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), Wireless Healthcare, Smart Cities, Cloud AR/VR, etc.
Impact of 5G on Mobile App Development
With 5G connectivity at the forefront, businesses need to hire mobile app developers that would develop apps satisfying long-term business goals. Besides, the apps should boost the productivity of developers and users as a whole by:
- Transferring Files at a Faster Rate
- 5G shall change the overall scenario of mobile apps that transfer data, files, money, etc.
- Rapid file transfer shall be established by leveraging bits of the electromagnetic spectrum.
- Users shall have the privilege to transfer files via mobiles in a better manner.
Enhancing UI/UX Experiences
- 5G technology shall enhance the capabilities of the user interface.
- Businesses need to ensure that developers elevate the UI of mobile apps to stream 360o or 4K videos.
- More features can be added to the applications generating satisfying user experiences.
The Emergence of Navigational Mobile Apps
- High-end continuous communication shall open up new opportunities for mobile application development of navigational apps.
- Mobile apps catering to the tourism industry shall see definite growth.
- Building a mobile app that contains most of the renowned places from various countries alongside providing novel features shall become the need of the hour.
Using 3D Models
- Development of mobile apps related to immersive AR and 3D gaming shall boost with 5G
- The combination of 3D printers and 5G-enabled mobile apps shall help users in creating quality 3D models
- Such mobile application-enabled models shall benefit various sectors including education, construction, etc.
Using Personalized New Generation Chatbots
- 5G in association with chatbots shall prompt real-time feedback via mobile apps.
- Businesses shall optimize the chatbots and create better opportunities for development.
- Users shall receive tangible feedback from cutting-edge machines.
Keeping Less Reliance on Hardware
- The performance of mobile apps shall be less reliant on the processing power of the hardware of mobile devices.
- Data transfer is achieved rapidly without any delay or pressure on the hardware.
- Companies need to develop mobile apps that meet these requirements at their best.
Prepare Your Mobile App for the 5G Revolution
The right mobile app development services shall help your brand reach the full potential and adapt 5G technology to the core. Let’s check out some ways to prepare your mobile apps for the 5G revolution and keep your business ahead of all.
- Ambient Computing – It’s all about offering digital experiences that include the surrounding environments. It offers users the ease to facilitate and use leading-edge devices, machines, sensors, and technology like IoT, AI, etc. Developers can leverage ambient computing across mobile apps and provide more effective connectivity and wireless support.
- Going Wireless – The current wireless technologies are slow. Experts rely on Wi-Fi to download mobile apps. However, with 5G, developers can assist users in downloading and installing substantial data packages via the mobile networks at ease. This avoids any kind of delay in download and accessibility.
- More Connectivity – IoT technology has become one of the significant factors of the business world. Companies need to make sure that their mobile application development processes meet the requirements of sensors, smart home gadgets, wearable devices, etc in the upcoming 5G era.
- Cloud Support – Currently, various mobile app development companies are leveraging cloud-based mobile apps to satisfy user intends. With 5G, the true potential of cloud technology shall release state-of-the-art cloud-hosted mobile applications and invite business growth.
- VR Experience – VR technology has become a key part of mobile application technology stacks. Businesses should develop mobile apps delivering good virtual reality experiences. 5G shall mitigate the problems related to bandwidth and latency, and offer exceptional streaming support through VR.
By 2035, 5G is expected to contribute $12.3 trillion to the global economy, says IHS Economics. As such, it’s necessary for established businesses, SMEs, and even emerging startups to restructure their mobile application development operations and be a game-changer in the app development sector. Altogether, you need to choose the right mobile application development company and be prepared for the 5G revolution.